St. Andrew’s Church
Designed by famed Italian architect, Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli, St Andrew’s Church is one of Kyiv’s best-known examples of Baroque architecture. Featuring 18th century iconostatis that contain over 60 paintings and icons, the church was built in just seven years between 1747 and 1754.
Since 2019, the year that the Ukrainian Orthodox Church gained independence from the Moscow Patriarchy, St Andrew’s Church has been given over to the Patriarch of Constantinople for ceremonies. It also serves as the Ecumenical Patriarchate’s embassy in Ukraine. In 2020, the church reopened to the public after a major five-year long reconstruction that restored its external facades and interiors.
23, Andriivskyi descent, Kyiv, Ukraine